The ideal Transportation Coordinator for the Northeast Iowa Food Bank understands and is passionate about the organization’s mission to provide nutritious food and grocery products to nonprofit organizations and individuals in Northeast Iowa. This individual will be a vital component of the Food Bank in the fight against hunger by providing over 7.3 million meals annually to the over 29,000 food insecure people in Northeast Iowa. This team member must demonstrate outstanding ability to safely transport products that are to be picked up and delivered to agencies and programs within our 16-countyservice area.
A passion for social justice and compassion for others are keys to being a staff member at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank. The Northeast Iowa Food Bank strives to work as a unified team to close the meal gap in northeast Iowa, to this end the Transportation Coordinator will need to be capable of working as a team, as well as being a self-starter. In addition, maintaining a positive outlook will play a large role in being a motivator and encourager for the community, clients, and staff members alike.
The responsibilities of the Transportation Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Execute deliveries to local agencies and partners, ensuring food safety standards are met and providing outstanding customer service. Maintain proper record keeping and reporting of all required items. – 80%
· Primary Semi Driver – 50% of driving time
· Perform retail pick-up route with refrigerated truck, collecting donations from partner retailers for the Food Bank. Maintain food safety standards, accurately track donation sources and maintain professional relationships with donors.
· Deliver and unload product at mobile pantry sites. Maintain professional relationships with volunteers and coordinators.
· Complete other pick-up and delivery routes as assigned.
· Maintain fuel levels and basic cleanliness of all vehicles. Report all mechanical issues to the Operations Manager immediately. Maintain proper record keeping and reporting of all required documentation.
· Load, operate and unload all types of transportation equipment (semi, straight trucks, vans, etc.).
· Safe handling of all warehouse equipment including but not limited to pallet jacks, dollies, and forklifts.
· Assist with warehouse operations including accurate and efficient order fulfillment, accurate inventory counts and routine cleaning.
· Ability to navigate and learn numerous technology channels (email, inventory system, scanners, tablets, etc.)
· Work with volunteers to ensure work objectives are achieved and volunteers have positive experiences.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the Northeast Iowa Food Bank in accordance with AIB and Feeding America standards, in addition to local, state and federal regulations.
· Greet, train and supervise volunteers as well as share the mission of the NEIFB; provide general guidance of project; assure proper training of volunteers to include specific jobs and safety concerns. Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and appropriately placed.
· In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, NEIFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all its employees maybe called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
· Other duties as assigned to meet food bank needs.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Valid Iowa Driver’s License and Class A CDL license required
· Minimum one-year experience driving a 53-foottractor trailer
· Experience with driving a box truck and straight truck
· Ability to operate Pallet Jacks, Forklifts and another warehouse equipment
· Forklift Certification required within 90 days of employment
· Ability to follow all food safety policies required by NEIFB
· Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
· Ability to read and understand pick sheets and invoices
· Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
· Ability to work independently and with staff to achieve objectives
· Ability to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time
· Ability to work in varied temperatures
· Ability to work evenings and weekends
NEIFB Core Values NEIFB Core Focus
· Solution Centered Our Purpose:
· Committed to Excellence Collaborate + Educate + Advocate =Feed the Food Insecure
· Humbly Confident
· Helpful Attitude
· Clear Communication Our Niche:
· Passion for the People We Serve Every Meal. Every Day. Everyone.
Northeast Iowa Food Bank hereby affirms it is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender expression or identity, pregnancy, leave status, genetic information or age and provides Equal Employment Opportunity to handicapped individuals, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Further, the Northeast Iowa Food Bank is an equal opportunity provider.
Click the link below to apply now, or email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.