The ideal Food Sourcing Coordinator for the Northeast Iowa Food Bank understands and is passionate about the organization’s mission to provide nutritious food and grocery products to those in need in our 16 county service area. This team member must demonstrate outstanding customer service skills and passion for helping people. The ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment will be instrumental to success in this role. This individual will have exceptional organizational, interpersonal and detail-oriented skills. Cultural competency is of utmost importance, as the Food Sourcing Coordinator will work with diverse populations.
A passion for social justice and compassion for others are keys to being a staff member at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank. The Northeast Iowa Food Bank strives to work as a unified team to serve our neighbors. Maintaining a positive outlook will also play a role in being a motivator and encourager for the clients, volunteers, and staff members alike.
The Northeast Iowa Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Food Sourcing Coordinator in our Food Sourcing Department. This role will focus on developing and maintaining relationships with food donors to ensure consumable foods are available for the Food Bank. Reporting to the Food Sourcing Manager, this position will spend significant time out of the office to visit with donors to ensure they have thorough understandings of established donation processes while also targeting efforts towards the expansion of food donors.
The responsibilities of the Food Sourcing Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Act as an advocate in the reduction off ood waste by educating key partners of the impact of eliminating hunger.
· Establish and maintain long-term, productive relationships with grocery retail donors to ensure a consistent flow of nutritious donated food and non-food items.
· Onboard new grocery retail store locations in our service area.
· Responsible for food donor recognition plan, in partnership with the Engagement Team.
· Create and routinely implement an onsite visitation plan that includes face-to-face visits, meetings, and presentations (including donor’s facility and food bank tours) with retail stores to secure donated food and grocery products.
· Provide superior customer service to all food industry partners, donors, agency partners and co-workers.
· Engage with Feeding America National Office staff and other Feeding America food banks staff to learn, communicate, and share industry standards and best practices.
· Establish and maintain long-term, productive relationships with farmer’s market vendors and local growers to ensure a consistent flow of nutritious donated food.
· Facilitate, maintain, and implement the Feeding America reporting application, MealConnect.
· Collaborate with the operations team to manage Meal Connect and confirm food safety sorting is taking into consideration.
· Function as liaison between donors and matched agencies, working closely with both to ensure good relations. Supply, track, and provide training to member agencies on food safety equipment, reporting processes and program supplies provided to both donors and agencies.
· Collaborate with all levels of leadership at retailers, farmer’s markets and gleaning opportunities.
· Educate local food producers on the Iowa State Tax Credit program.
· Facilitate and coordinate the HUSH (Help Us Stop Hunger) program.
· Coordinate the Double Up Food Bucks program with retailers in our service area, along with the Veggie Vouchers for our clients in partnership with the University of Northern Iowa Local Foods Program.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the Northeast Iowa Food Bank in accordance with AIB and Feeding America standards, in addition to local, state and federal regulations.
· Greet, train and supervise volunteers as well as share the mission of the NEIFB; provide general guidance of projects; assure proper training of volunteers to include specific jobs and safety concerns. Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and appropriately placed.
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet Food Bank needs.
· In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, NEIFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all employees may becalled in to perform regular or emergent duties.
Will need to support:
· Represent NEIFB in a professional manner at all times when interfacing with customers, donors, volunteers, and/or constituent providers and fellow employees.
· Attend community, agency and program meetings throughout 16 county service area when applicable.
· Assists in other Food Bank activities as required or as assigned.
· Work with Partner Capacity Team to assist in acquiring needs of agencies.
· Work as a team player and support the mission of the department and organization.
· Four– year degree or comparable experience in sales/marketing.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, have reliable transportation and be willing to travel within NEIFB 16 county service area.
· Able to understand and learn new technology/software to track food donations.
· Comfortable as a self-starter.
· Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills.
· Able to communicate effectively.
· Ability to be ServSafe Coordinator Certification within 1 month, which will be obtained at the food bank.
· Able to apply mathematical concepts.
· Friendly, customer-oriented personality.
· Professional attitude and appearance at all times.
· Capable of standing and walking for long periods of time.
· Able to lift bulk objects or objects weighing up 50 pounds.
· Experience with distribution, logistics, and/or retail grocery.
· ServSafe Manager Certification
· Nonprofit experience
· Usage of warehouse equipment (pallet jack, forklift, etc.)
NEIFB Bank Core Values NEIFB Core Focus
§ Attitude of Helpfulness Our Purpose:
§ Confidently Humble Collaborate + Educate +Advocate = Feed the Food Insecure
§ Clear Communication
§ Empathetic to our Community
§ Solution Centered Our10-year target:
§ Striving for Excellence Every Meal. Every Day. Everyone.
Northeast Iowa FoodBank hereby affirms it is an equal opportunity employer, offering employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationalorigin, gender expression or identity, pregnancy, leave status, geneticinformation or age and provides Equal Employment Opportunity to handicappedindividuals, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. Further, theNortheast Iowa Food Bank is an equal opportunity provider.
Click the link below to apply now, or email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.