The ideal Receiving and Inventory Coordinator for the Northeast Iowa Food Bank understands and is passionate about the organization’s mission to provide nutritious food and grocery product to those in need in our 16-countyservice area. This individual will be avital component of the Distribution team distributing over 10 million pounds of food annually. The ability to work in a fast-paced and progressive environment will be key to success in this role.
A passion for social justice and compassion for others are keys to being a staff member at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank. The Northeast Iowa Food Bank strives to work as a unified team to close the Meal Gap in northeast Iowa, to this end the Receiving and Inventory Coordinator will need to be capable of working as a team, as well as being a self-starter. In addition, maintaining a positive outlook will play a large role in being a motivator and encourager for the community, clients, and staff members alike.
· Coordinate the receipt and storage of all donated product, purchased product and USDA product.
· Utilize warehouse management software to guide decisions such as making recommendations in regards to food movement to those responsible for distribution.
· Responsible to unload all incoming product with different warehouse equipment; including but not limited to a forklift, pallet jack, and slip machine.
· Ability to learn and navigate numerous technology channels (email, inventory system, slack, scanners, etc.).
· Collaborate with the Operations Manager to maintain accurate inventory, cycle counting, time and temperature control for food safety and allergen control.
· Store all products abiding by NEIFB’s Food Safety policies, Feeding America Regulation and AIB food safety guidelines and in accord with all city, state and federal regulations.
· Ability to remain organized and calm under stressful situations.
· Safe handling of all warehouse equipment including but not limited to pallet jacks, dollies, and forklifts.
· Provide support to all areas of warehouse operations including order fulfillment, food rescue receiving, and product sort.
· Greet, train and supervise volunteers as well as share the mission of the NEIFB; provide general guidance of projects; assure proper training of volunteers to include specific jobs and safety concerns. Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and appropriately placed.
· In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, NEIFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet foodbank needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in an affiliated field or 2years related experience or equivalent combination of educations and experience
· Valid Iowa Driver’s License
· Skills and experience related to inventory, database systems, and proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Knowledge of warehouse operations, practices, procedures and standards
· Ability to safely operate Pallet Jacks, Forklifts, and additional warehouse equipment
· Ability to work independently and with staff to achieve objectives
· Ability to multitask, delegate, and adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to perform physical labor as necessary (stand/walk/move for long periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds, work with warehouse equipment)
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to follow all food safety policies required by NEIFB
· Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
· Ability to work in hot to cold environments, including warehouse, cooler and freezer
· Ability to work nights and weekends as required
· Ability to be certified in Serv Safe Manager Level
· Valid Iowa Driver’s License
· Fork lift certification
· Current ServSafe Manager certification
NEIFB Bank Core Values NEIFB Core Focus
· Solution Centered Our Purpose:
· Committed to Excellence Collaborate +Educate + Advocate = Feed the Food Insecure
· Humbly Confident
· Helpful Attitude
· Clear Communication Our Niche:
· Passion for the People We Serve Every Meal. Every Day. Everyone.
Northeast Iowa Food Bank hereby affirms it is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender expression or identity, pregnancy, leave status, genetic information or age and provides Equal Employment Opportunity to handicapped individuals, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. Further, the Northeast Iowa Food Bank is an equal opportunity provider.
Click the link below to apply now, or email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.