The ideal Pantry Services Coordinator for the Northeast Iowa Food Bank understands and is passionate about the organization’s mission to provide nutritious food and grocery product to those in need in our 16-county service area. This individual will be a vital component of the Programs Department in serving food-insecure individuals through the Cedar Valley Food Pantry (CVFP). The ability to work in a fast-paced and progressive environment will be a key to success in this role.
This individual will have strong interpersonal skills, be a clear communicator and empathetic listener, which will be critical for the development of strong relationships between coworkers and pantry clients. Cultural competency is of utmost importance, as the Pantry Services Coordinator will work with diverse populations on a regular basis serving clients and Food Bank events.
A passion for social justice and compassion for others are keys to being a staff member at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank. The Northeast Iowa Food Bank strives to work as a unified team to close the Meal Gap in northeast Iowa; to this end, the Pantry Services Supervisor will need to be capable of working as a team as well as being a self-starter. In addition, maintaining a positive outlook will play a large role in being a motivator and encourager for the community, clients, and staff members alike.
The responsibilities of the Pantry Services Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Determines clients’ eligibility for services through the Cedar Valley Food Pantry in accordance with established guidelines and policies. Assists clients with the intake process.
• Maintain a warm and welcoming environment to create a positive client experience of the CVFP.
• Greet, train, and supervise volunteers as well as share the mission of the NEIFB; provide general guidance of projects; assure proper training of volunteers to include specific jobs and safety concerns. Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and appropriately placed.
• Jointly responsible for the distribution and rotation of food in the pantry, which includes utilizing a pallet jack to move pallets of food from the warehouse to the pantry, stocking shelves, and rotating inventory.
• Maintaining clean and organized work zones, including but not limited to product disposal, sweeping and mopping, cleaning, and sanitizing shelving.
• Be informed on other resources for low-income individuals in the community, referring clients to other goods or services.
• Assist in maintaining complete and accurate client files in Link2Feed. Generate reports to assist in program analysis.
• Assist in ordering product and determining appropriate product distribution.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the Northeast Iowa Food Bank in accordance with AIB and Feeding America standards, in addition to local, state, and federal regulations
• Other duties as assigned.
• In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, NEIFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
• Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree or 2-4 years comparable experience in customer service or other related areas
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Culturally competent; have an ability to work with diverse groups and individuals
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
• Ability to work independently and with staff and volunteers to achieve objectives
• Ability to multitask, delegate, and adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed
• Must pass a criminal background check
• Valid drivers license, safe driving record, current vehicle insurance and ability to use personal vehicle for OFB business
• Ability to perform physical labor as necessary (stand/walk/move for long periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds, work with warehouse equipment)
• Ability to obtain ServSafe Food Handler Safety Certification
• Experience with non-profit organizations
• Community involvement and knowledge of those communities in our 16-county service area
Click the link below to apply now, or email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.