The ideal Marketing & Communications Manager for the Northeast Iowa Food Bank understands and is passionate about the organization’s mission to provide nutritious food and grocery products to those in need in our 16-county service area. This individual will be a vital component of the Development Department in engaging all staff, external and internal communities to partner with the Food Bank in the fight against hunger. The ability to work in a fast-paced and progressive environment will be key to success in this role.
This team member must demonstrate outstanding analysis of identified constituencies and the development of communication tactics or outreach to meet identified needs and influence public perception and action. Donor stewardship is acritical focus area, encompassing the cultivation, retention and recognition of individuals, organizations and corporations. Cultural competency is of utmost importance, as the Marketing & Communications Manager will work with diverse populations on a regular basis. The Marketing & Communications Manager must possess a strong sense of initiative, adaptability and flexibility to meet the needs of the community and Food Bank and take on other duties as necessary. As a manager level position, this individual will play a vital role in developing brand culture internally and externally.
A passion for social justice and compassion for others are keys to being a staff member at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank. The Northeast Iowa Food Bank strives to work as a unified team to close the Meal Gap in northeast Iowa, to this end the Marketing & Communications Manager will need to be capable of working as part of a team, as well as being a self-starter. In addition, maintaining a positive outlook will play a large role in being a motivator and encourager for the community, clients, and staff members alike.
The responsibilities of the Marketing & Communications Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, manage and execute strategic marketing and communications plan for NEIFB to span across all communication media (online and offline) and reach appropriate target audiences, based upon specific performance goals. – 10%
- Oversee the creative direction of all branded campaigns, programs and projects, maintaining a high standard of quality and visual consistency in printed and electronic materials. Collect and develop stories for marketing, fundraising & outreach. – 15%
- Plan and coordinate external communication efforts with other team members, including but not limited to publicity for events, promotion, cause-marketing, program launches, breaking news, direct mail, etc. – 15%
- Supervise the work of the Digital Communications Coordinator and the creation and implementation of all online communication vehicles, including but not limited to the online social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, and eblasts; and emerging media. – 10%
- Analyze the success of various marketing and fundraising strategies; provide and implement recommendations for improvement through data informed strategies.
- Foster best practices and execute marketing campaigns to increase donations, volunteers, and/or advocacy efforts.
- Engage, cultivate and manage media relationships across NEIFB’s service area to ensure coverage of NEIFB activities and ask for in kind media donations.
- Oversee the NEIFB website.
- Develop, manage and coordinate production of materials to create a cohesive brand image and message for print and all offline communication vehicles. Oversee design and printing.
- Oversee all internal and external communication for brand consistency and clear communication. Proof and edit all marketing communications materials.
- Develop strategic plans, business plans and budgets for marketing and communications that align with fundraising and organizational goals.
- Represent the NEIFB at selected public forums and meetings
- In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, NEIFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or related field plus 3+ years of experience. Extensive experience in all facets of public and media relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated experienced communicator across a wide variety of different marketing channels.
- Creative, innovative, and big-picture thinker.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google Products, and computer-based design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite. Also, proficiency in web design & HTML & CSS Coding.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate creative direction for a wide variety of marketing channels, including extensive experience working with graphic designers across a wide variety of project scopes and sizes, knowledge and experience in best practices in digital communications content creation.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events, respond to media inquiries, interview clients for fundraising purposes, and engage with supporters on social media platforms.
- Self-starter who can work independently and take accountability for performance. Results-oriented with a passion for the creative process.
- Interested in collaborating in a team environment across departments. Consider others’ needs before acting.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with key partners and supporters.
- Ability to maintain modern knowledge and skills in the communication and public relations field.
- Portfolio showcasing projects and work.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Experience in public speaking and presentation
- Experience as a manager, organizer and budgeter
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Community involvement and knowledge of those communities in our 16-county service area
NEIFB Core Values NEIFB Core Focus
§ Solution Centered Our Purpose:
§ Committed to Excellence Collaborate + Educate +Advocate = Feed the Food Insecure
§ Humbly Confident
§ Helpful Attitude
§ Clear Communication Our10-year target:
§ Passion for the People We Serve Every Meal. Every Day. Everyone.
Northeast Iowa Food Bank hereby affirms it is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender expression or identity, pregnancy, leave status, genetic information or age and provides Equal Employment Opportunity to handicapped individuals, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Further, the Northeast Iowa Food Bank is an equal opportunity provider.